Orange is the new black and it is also happens to be the colour of the car that celebrates 30 years of the Mazda MX-5.
With high hopes for the future, Mazda says the colour evokes the “breaking dawn” of an exciting new day.
Just 30 examples of the MX-5 30th Anniversary Edition will be offered in Australia, all of them soft top GTs with a 2.0-litre engine.
Sadly, no extra power will be offered, only some badges and a set of Rays wheels.
No word on price yet, but don’t go excited because the car will be offered to loyal, existing MX-5 customers on a fist come first served basis.
Here’s a breakdown of what to expect:
- Racing Orange body colour
- RAYS forged alloys wheels (RAYS ZE40 RS30)
- “30th Anniversary” build plate ornament (with serial number)
- Colour scheme with orange accents
(brake calipers, vent surround, seat piping and stitch, steering wheel stitching, door trim stitching, dashboard decoration panel stitching, and shift / parking lever stitching)
- Alcantara material (door trim, dashboard decoration panel and seat centre)
- RECARO seats
- Bilstein dampers
- Brembo front brake calipers (orange painted)
- NISSIN rear brake calipers (orange painted)
CHECKOUT: Mazda finally ‘fixes’ the MX-5
CHECKOUT: MX-5 nails sports car experience