Volkswagen has revealed first sketches and details of its new California 6.1 campervan.
The update covers many aspects of the camper, inside and out:
- completely redesigned front end
- interior of camper van has been enhanced
- multifunctional camper control unit in the roof console has been redesigned and digitalised
- new assistance systems enhance safety and comfort
- new generation of infotainment with integrated eSIM opens up the world of mobile online services
- digital instruments are available for the first time with the Digital Cockpit
More than 18,000 Californias are sold per year, making it the number one campervan and a true all-rounder, ideal for big trips and daily journeys.
Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles has further refined the top seller, with both the living and sleeping areas of the camper van carefully enhanced and optimised.
Furthermore, the driver and front passenger sit in front of a redesigned dashboard including new instruments (analogue or as an option digital for the first time) and new online infotainment systems.
Like the Multivan 6.1 revealed earlier this year, the California 6.1 features electro-mechanical power steering.
Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles is giving the camper numerous new assistance systems, for example “Lane Assist”, Side Protection and “Trailer Assist”, which makes light work of manoeuvring with a trailer.
In addition, a side-wind compensation system makes travelling in the California 6.1 even safer.
The new California T6.1 will be launched with highly efficient 2.0-litre turbodiesel engines with outputs of up to 146kW.
The new camper generation will celebrate its world premiere at the end of August at the Caravan-Salon in Düsseldorf.
CHECKOUT: Kombi comes chock full of memories