The clock is ticking for a collection of Holden heritage models that will be auctioned next week.
Eight vehicles are being offered for sale, five of which are duplicates of others held in the collection.
Most expensive is likely to be the last of the Aussie-built Commodores, a VF II Commodore Redline Motorsport from 2017 when production ceased — build #1 of 1200.
There’s also the first ever VF to come off the production line, a Calais V finished in Prussian Steel with just 56km on the clock.
Then there’s the first production 2002 Holden Monaro CV8, with bidding expected to start at $40,000.
The 1980 VC Commodore is the one in which two journos — Evan Green and Matt Whelan — circumnavigated Australia in 10 days (and it’s the Starfire four).
And there’s the cheapest, a 1990 Holden Barina, that set 17 Guinness Records for fuel economy.
The sale by Manheim is described as a “small rationalisation” to make way for the safe storage and display of the remaining 40 or so of Holden’s heritage vehicles.
“We would keep them all if there was room to do it sensibly, but the fact is some of them have to be found new homes,” curator of the Holden Heritage Collection, Vic Garra, said.
“It has led to some difficult decisions, but when we have two examples of the same car, a first and last built for example, the decision is almost always the keep the last one built.”
There is also a longer-term plan which, if it comes to fruition, will see Holden seek to acquire one or two cars missing from its collection.
Bidding for the cars opens Monday at noon (AEST) and closes noon Friday (AEST), with on-line bidding only accepted here
Here’s the complete list of the cars (starting price in brackets):
- 1980 Holden VC Commodore L Sedan ($8000)
- 1990 Holden Barina MF Hatch ($4000)
- 1995 Holden Commodore VRII Rally Car Sedan ($10,000)
- 2002 Holden Monaro V2 CV8 No#1 Production 2D Coupé ($40,000)
- 2013 Holden Commodore VEII SS Z last VE ever built ($30,000)
- 2013 Holden Calais VF V-Series first production VF Sedan ($30,000)
- 2017 Holden Commodore SS-V Redline Moto Ed build #1 Sedan ($65,000)
- 2017 Holden Calais V VFII Director Edition build #1 Sedan ($65,000)